1. Healthy Hair Care Routine: The easiest step about how do you stop hair breakage is to avoid mistakes in your daily hair care routine. Mistakes in your hair care routine are often the foremost reason for your hair breakage. To learn about Best Hair Care Routine Tips, click here. Include these tips into your hair care routine to make your hair healthy, shiny and lush.
2. Remove Split or Dead Ends of Hair: Getting the split or dead ends trimmed is not counterproductive to growing hair. Rather it helps in growing your hair stronger and making it thick. Trick is just to get rid of split or dead ends only and not the whole chunks of hair. By trimming split ends you cut down the chances of your hair becoming dry and brittle and needing a full haircut.
The split ends when become out of control travels up your hair shaft, your hair then will either break or need a full haircut. Instead of getting into this mess, we advise you to act proactive and trim the bottom of hair, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of hair every three to four months. If you are growing hair remember to tell your hair stylist beforehand about it ask him to remove hair not more than a 1/2 inch.
When you are trimming your hair yourself, use the scissors that are sharp and are meant specifically for cutting / trimming hair.
3. Do not Brush your Wet Hair: This is very good tip to prevent hair breakage. Hair is in its weakest state when wet. So avoid brushing your hair when its soaking wet.
Its fine to use wide-toothed comb while your hair is a little wet. But ideal time is to comb with wide-toothed comb when your hair is saturated with conditioner.
4. Use Heat on your Hair less often: Another to good tip to stop hair breakage. High heat or frequent heat application on your hair causes irrevocable damage and break your hair. Leave the use of curling irons, flat irons, hot rollers, blow dryers, etc. for special occasions only and in any case do not use them more than once a week. Try to use hair dryers not at hot settings. Best is to air-dry your hair. Even washing your hair with hot water makes them overtly dry.
5. Avoid Use of Chemicals: Cut down using hair products containing harsh chemicals on your hair. Look out for herbal or organic hair products or those containing less of harmful chemicals.
6. Avoid too much of Sun Exposure: Sun exposure dry your hair leading to weakening of hair and its breakage.
See Continuation Here