7. Moisturize your Hair: An essential regime of Stop Hair Breakage Treatment is to moisturize your hair. Consider using a leave-in-conditioner or deep conditioning of your hair. Click here to read How to Deep Condition your hair. Well-moisturized hair is less prone to dryness and breakage.
8. Avoid too much Washing of your Hair: When you wash your hair, you deprive your hair of its natural oils. Washing your hair every day is not necessary, unless you have super oily hair and your hair looks greasy even the same day after you wash it. Washing your hair every day can make your hair dry and prone to permanent damage and breakage.
9. Relax your hair: Hair pulled tight back into ponytails, braids and buns can break your hair. Do not use rubber bands as they can cause your hair to split and break.
10. Good Nutrition: Hair too needs proper nutrition (including vitamins, minerals, protein, etc.), just like your other parts of body. No need to explain that if you eat healthy balanced diet, your hair will grow stronger. So consume a balanced healthy diet including fruits, vegetables, fish, lean meat, plenty of fluids etc.
11. Home Remedy To Stop Hair Breakage – Hot Oil Treatment: Give hot oil treatment once or twice a week to your hair to provide enough moisture to prevent hair breakage.
(a) Pour 5 tablespoons or so (depending upon length of your hair) of extra virgin olive oil into a bowl. Warm it either in a microwave for few seconds or you can have a larger bowl or pan with hot water and place the bowl of olive oil in it for some time. Make it sure to just warm up the oil and not heat it up so that not to burn your scalp.
(b) Massage the warm olive hair oil onto your scalp and hair. Leave the oil on to your head for up to an hour and then wash your hair with shampoo. It is recommended you apply moisturizing conditioner too after shampooing your hair.
As an alternative to above, you can use good quality pre-packaged hot oil treatments. These days they are available in the neighbor-hood stores.
12. Some more natural beauty tips about how to Stop Hair Breakage:
(i) Air dry or pat dry your hair with your towel after washing your hair. Never rub your hair vigorously with towel.
(ii) Mix well a little bit of extra virgin olive oil into your conditioner. Apply this to your hair after shampooing to stop hair breakage.
(iii) Once a week deep condition your hair with mayonnaise. Apply mayonnaise to your hair and let it be on your hair for up to an hour. Mayonnaise contains fats and oils which are good for your hair to prevent hair breakage.
(iv) Massage your scalp with coconut or extra virgin olive oil to stimulate the hair roots and blood circulation in the scalp surface. One of the good ways to stop hair breakage is to break open few vitamin E gel capsules and mix with the oil before applying it to your hair.
(v) Consume iron and vitamins supplements (including vitamin E) in case of deficiency, in consultation with your doctor.
Apply above tips about how do you stop hair breakage. If your hair breakage problem is acute and does not improve with above tips, we advise you to consult a hair specialist for your hair breakage treatment.