Kim Kardashian has formally dropped a defamation lawsuit against a website for claiming she had staged an armed robbery in Paris.
The reality TV star had sued US celebrity gossip website MediaTakeOut for claiming she staged an armed robbery attack in Paris to cheat her insurers out of millions.
Kim Kardashian West filed a notice of voluntary dismissal of the suit on Monday, two weeks after the company apologised for the claims.
“After speaking to sources, including some connected to the Kardashians, we are now confident and without a doubt believe that Kim Kardashian was robbed as was reported to the Paris police,” the website wrote.
“Anyone who is still questioning it is wrong.”
The 35-year-old star was robbed at gunpoint by at least two men dressed as police officers who stole a box containing jewellery worth up to £8m earlier this month.
Four days before the robbery, Kardashian West posted a photograph on Instagram of a huge ring on her left hand captioned with three diamond emojis.
The day after the robbery, Paris police said she had made herself a target by flaunting her lavish lifestyle.
The defamation lawsuit filed by the star sought unspecified damages and was filed in New York against MediaTakeOut.com and its founder, Fred Mwangaguhunga.
Court papers said Kardashian West “returned to the United States only to again be victimised, but this time by an online gossip tabloid that published a series of articles in early October 2016 referring to her a liar and thief”.
Her TV show, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, was put on hold and Kim took a “much needed time off” from social media
Kardashian West has also cancelled all public appearances for the next month.
Source: Sky News